Monday, September 17, 2007

Week in Pictures


This was an easy “week in pictures.” We had a great time celebrating this past weekend. Our trip up to the Birkshires was exciting. We left early Friday morning and drove all day . . . thanks to the darn GPS flaking out we probably drove 50 miles out of the way. But I suppose going for a bike ride was the whole point of the trip so it wasn’t so bad. The weather was nice and the scenery was beautiful.

We drove to Williamstown, MA, home of Williams College, which was amazingly beautiful. My goodness, if I could do it all again, I think I would want to attend that school. I have to say, MA is the most charming state in the country. Every town we visited was even more charming that the last. I just love the architecture of the old buildings and the small town feel. Good to know that it’s so close to home!

Once in Williamstown we headed to Mt. Greylock – the highest point in MA. Unfortunately, the road to the summit was closed to vehicles. The only way up was to hike and that was out of the question in my big motorcycle boots. That place is a definite must to return to. I either want to hike to the summit or bicycle up the road. Can’t wait.

We had a lovely dinner at our favorite restaurant. What were the chances that the Coyote Flacos in Williamstown was related to the Coyote Flacos in Mansfield? Apparently pretty good! There was live entertainment (an old guy singing and strumming Spanish music on his guitar). We had a ball.

The next day . . . not so good. We knew rain was in the forecast, but it was predicted to end by noon. We started off the day in the mist and it wasn’t so bad. But with every passing hour, my body temps dropped another 10 degrees. It pretty much rained the whole way back – until we crossed the border of CT, when the sun came out and it was beautiful. Oh well, we still enjoyed the ride.

We spent yesterday having some home town country fun. We went to an event in Woodstock called “Artists in the country.” Then we went wine tasting in Pomfret. Followed by a farmers market in Ashford. How much country fun can one have in one day?

Click here to view my Week in Pictures.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Aww... I'm glad you had a good time. Nice motorcycle pants!