Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I Need Help

Will somebody please knock some sense into my husband? Stubborn is his middle name and sometimes I think I want to substitute it with a different "s" word. I am hoping that maybe Penni can scare him into his senses . . .

Last night Karlo stepped on a rusty nail. I think this is probably the 3rd or 4th time this year and I'm getting so used to him getting hurt and shrugging it off that it doesn't seem to phase me as much as it should. But this time I just got a bad feeling. I guess because this time he's hobbling around like I did when I impaled my foot this Spring. This one was obviously a deep one! With all the current stresses and never ending To Do list, and Karlo's upcoming trip to Germany, the last thing we need is to have him get sick from this stupid nail. What does it take to get a silly shot to ensure that you don't get sick? I mean why wouldn't you? Why take the chance? Penni, I need some help here. Please tell Karlo what could happen if he's too lazy to drive 5 minutes down the road and get the darn shot. Anyone else reading . . . Please chime in and help me out.

Karlo's latest excuse is that he has to give blood today and maybe he can't with the shot recently injected into his bloodstream. I'm sorry. I don't mean to sound selfish, but I'm not really as concerned about other people needing blood as I am about Karlo getting sick. There are plenty of people around here that can give blood (and I'm not one of them!) Do I really need one more thing to worry about? I don't think so!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Paula, I have written a little letter decribing the evils of Tetnus and why it is so important for him to get it taken care of Mainly a simple shot ( ok so it hurts alittle but a big strong guy like Karlo can handle it if Nikki did in May when she stepped on her nail!) The biggest concern is that Tetnus CAN BE FATAL if not taken care of especially for someone who may not have been immunized as a child. Do they immunize for Tetnus in Hungry?? My motto is better to be safe than sorry! Let me know if you got the e-mail describing in detail the risks of tetnus and the benefits of getting a booster shot. And Good Luck !

lgaumond said...

I don't thing the Red Cross is really going to want a pint of rusty nail/Tetanus infected blood today. There are plenty of other opportunities to give blood, get the shot.

Anonymous said...

I got the shot . . . even tough it was only a flesh wound. I was imunized in Hungary not only by Tetanus shots but also by repeated cuts which build your immune syatem better than any chemicals of the day doctors tend to pump into you, based on which drug company is taking them on a free seminar in Hawai:-)

Unknown said...

Do you see what I'm working with here? And come to find out, it was already infected when he got to the doctor today.

lgaumond said...

What a paranoid conspiracy theorist you are. I bet you think that global warming is a scam and that the US government planned 9/11. Oh, and don't forget the telemarketrs, they're hired by Homeland Security to monitor when you're home and when you're not.

Anonymous said...

Global warming IS a scam. The planet is going to survive just fine. People? . . . not so sure.
No goverment could plan or execute anything.
Telemarketers are a scam.
Homeland security is a feel-good agency, which has nothing to do with homeland or security.
Doctors are in business of making money. They take an oath, but then their first question is always; 'Are you insured?' Your answer to that question will greatly effect the extent of the 'care' in the healtcare they will provide to you.
People in general are good and decent, until someone gives them some power over others . . .
Everybody is always right.

Anonymous said...

Karlo,
Sometimes you just have to do things to make your wife happy and this is one of them. I won't even comment on the corupt medical system. Good luck Paula!

Unknown said...

Oh Lord, I think we are going to have to revoke Karlo's blogging rights. And yes, I need all the luck I can get with that man!

Penni, that is the exact tact I had to take with him "Please just do this FOR ME!!" Doesn't always work though and I try not to use it too often.

He's a high maintenance full time job.

Jamie said...

ok, our kids ages 10, 8 and 5 all got 2 shots each (Tetnus boosters). Stop whining. Or we'll have to sick all three of them on you -- that would equal about 76 lbs. Eileen