Monday, November 5, 2007

Hard Working Slacker

Boy, that sounds like an oxymoron doesn’t it? But it’s true. We worked so hard this weekend – non-stop – and I don’t have a thing to show for it. All the things I could have taken pictures of . . . but didn’t. I’m sorry.

Here’s a short recap and (some) pictures will follow shortly. I couldn’t stand the glowing white walls in our house anymore and finally did something about it. I’ve been thinking about painting and struggling with paint chips for a month. I finally decided to just go for it and on Saturday we went to Home Depot to buy the paint. Yesterday, I tackled most of the first floor and painted for at least 4 hours (and that doesn’t include the endless prep time or clean-up time). What a job. There was almost nothing that could be rolled. It was a cutting in nightmare. Where was Lisa when I needed her? After all that hard work, I sat and took it all in. Guess what? You can’t even tell I painted!! The color is so subtle that it looks white. Good grief. That’s OK. I know it’s not white anymore and I, therefore, feel better! Well, I mentally feel better. Physically, every part of my body is sore.

After the half day of painting and cleaning, we went out for a mountain bike ride. What a beautiful day. And I can’t believe I didn’t bring my camera. The pictures would have been nice, but the video of me trying to cross a river by jumping across rocks would have been priceless. Karlo makes it look so darn easy. Well, it’s not! Not if you’re wearing bike shoes. For those of you who never wore bike shoes, they have metal cleats on the bottom that clip into the pedals. Those metal clips are very slippery on pavement, let alone wet, moss covered rocks. Holy cow, that was an adventure. And poor Karlo, he had to cross three times. Once carrying his own bike, one time back across to get my bike, and then back again carrying my bike.

In addition to all that adventure, we raked leaves and Karlo even walked into our pond to rake the leaves out of the pond. Who does this? And where was my camera for that? Karlo did some more work on his beautiful stone wall masterpiece and I’m not going to show it off until it’s done. I know you are waiting Tina, but hang in there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for remembering...what do ya
mean you cant tell you painted...
when is our annual get together????

Unknown said...

I AM planning our annual "girl party" !!!! We have traditionally done the first weekend in January. I'll send Save the Dates out soon. Stay tuned.

lgaumond said...

I didn't hear my phone ring. You know I'd drop anything to come and paint. I love painting!!