Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Recap

This glorious long weekend is coming to end and it seems to have passed far too quickly. I hope that everybody reading this had a wonderful holiday. We managed to really enjoy ourselves over the past few days. I’ll try to recap the weekend with a summary and some photos.

Thanksgiving started off with Karlo working away as a lumberjack. He is truly in his glory working around the house and yard. Here are some pics of my little lumberjack:



And me with another painting project. I wonder when I'll run out of finding new walls to paint. Here's our new and improved front wall upstairs:


We had a great Thanksgiving dinner at my brother’s place. Penni had to work (the life of a nurse) and my brother managed to whip up quite the feast. I’m so proud of him . . . and then there’s me, who has yet to attempt to cook a turkey. I only wish I had my camera out to capture Nicole chomping on a Flintstone sized turkey leg! On the way home, we stopped at Tina’s to see some of her home improvement project – great job, T. It was quite the little bonus visit with the girls.

I decided to join the nut cases at the stores early Friday morning. Although I was not brave enough for Buckland Hills, I did venture out to the Eastbrook mall – much quieter and tamer and more my speed. It wasn’t so bad and I did manage to scoop up some good deals (mostly for myself) and that made my day. When I returned home it was all work and no play. I did my best at trying to decorate for Christmas. I knew Lisa would not be happy with me if I didn’t put up some sort of tree. This was the first year, since our soot disaster in Andover, that we took out our old tree. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be so I decided to trim it up. In the process of this decorating day, I came to the sad realization that I don’t own any nice Christmas decorations. I’m not sure if we threw most of the items away after the soot ordeal, if we lost them during the move, or if I just never owned any! My day went from happy, happy after buying myself clothes to somewhat depressed trying to decorate the house.


On Saturday morning we went for a wonderful hike with our neighbors. We walked for 2 hours and discovered a huge network of trails bordering our property. We are so excited to do more exploring. Unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures that morning. I had on the biggest mittens that I own and still had frozen hands the entire time. I’m praying that no “dots” sprout next week because of it. Later that day we some friends over with their dogs. Since holidays are all about family, we had Bentley’s cousin over. Here is what a big and exciting greyhound play date looks like:


Wow, that was a lot of excitement for one day! We had to recover from it all today. Fortunately (oops, I mean unfortunately) Karlo’s chainsaw broke and that meant he spent some time with me today. We went shopping and out to lunch and then hung out for a bit before Karlo had to take off to his next work gig. I hate that goodbye at the door, especially on a weekend. Me and the dogs, with our sad eyes, waving and watching Karlo as he drove away. We will be all alone this week, freezing our tails off without “Daddy” to build us fires. I’m bummed that the weekend has to come to close with Karlo gone and the house painfully quiet, but overall, it was just great.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

OK, #1, did Karlo build a chainsaw holder for the quad?? It looks like a cannon. I supersized the picture to see if you're at war or something, but all I can guess is that it's a chainsaw holder.

#2, yay! I'm so happy you put up your tree. So pretty.

And #3, I love the color on the wall, great choice!!

If you're lonely this week, we should meet up after work sometime.