Monday, November 19, 2007

The Non-dramatic Part of My Weekend

I got so caught up in the drama of the chimney fire that I never even documented the other parts of my weekend. It was such a busy two days that I’m still recovering.

We spent half the day on Saturday helping Sue and Dan with projects around their house. I had a ball. Karlo did all the work and I got to visit with Sue. Here you can see everybody working hard.

Karlo working on installing lights under their cabinets.

Dan getting all the storms windows ready for install.

Sue working hard trying to stay warm.

I think Sue’s job was the hardest seeing as the new programmable thermostats that we installed didn’t work properly. Seems they were hell bent on turning the AC on rather than the heat. Ooops. I hope to God that wasn’t our fault. Poor Sue and Dan!

Our breakfast on Sunday actually turned out to be quite fun once all the firemen left and things settled back down. I made my first batch of blueberry pancakes ever and I must say, they came out really good. Then we all went for a hike in the back woods.

And before I forget, we also had JoAnne and Joe over the weekend before. Not sure how I managed to not add them to the blog, but here’s a picture from 2 weekends ago. You can see Peanut sporting her new bright orange jacket that I made for her.



Back to this past weekend . . .

Yesterday, after the breakfast guests left, I re-cleaned the house and spent an hour preparing our dinner with the neighbors. I worked really hard and made baked stuffed shells. Karlo cleaned out the stove chimney and (yikes) relit the fire. So now we are back to pacing around . . . nervous about the fire, anticipating the company arriving . . .waiting, waiting. When they got to be 15 minutes late (and they only live 1 mile away) I decided it was time to call them up. Sure enough, they completely forgot. Uuuugh, after all that work I did. Here’s the funny part of the story. Just as I called, our neighbor Sharon was online surfing for herbal memory supplements. What a riot. I think this was her sign that she needs to buy and take them!

They managed to scramble and get to our place in 10 minutes and we ended up having a lovely, smoke and drama free dinner.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

You call that non-dramatic? I'm tired out just reading it!