Monday, November 12, 2007

I’m Not Afraid of Heights


I’m just not particularly fond of ladders. And I therefore did not enjoy this project very much. All I asked of Karlo was that he stick around and hold the ladder to ensure it didn’t slip out while I was on it. I guess that was where I went wrong. Karlo can’t just stand there idly and not be up to no good. If he’s going to stand at the bottom of the ladder, he may as well have some fun . . . by shaking the ladder, poking the back of my knees, just plain getting his kicks by scaring me. It was not a fun project and I couldn’t wait for it to be over. I’m just so thankful that our new neighbors lent us their awesome ladder! I can only imagine the contraption that Karlo would have engineered in place of their ladder. I’m sure I would have been strapped into Karlo’s climbing harness and dangling from the ceiling. At least this was better than that.

So here’s the big unveil of the new color. Are you ready? (click on the small picture below to enlarge) I had to draw notes on the picture – otherwise you would never be able to tell the difference between what was painted and what wasn’t. Good grief. All that work and for what? Well, I must admit . . . it’s not as bad as the picture portrays. At different times of the day, in different lighting, the paint color is less subtle and much more noticeable. All I know is that it’s no longer blaring white and I am therefore happier.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Lisa, did you notice my "painting sweatshirt?" Do you want it back??? I didn't even realize I still had it until I found it in laundry basket in the guest bath. Ooops. I didn't get any paint on it - I swear.