Tuesday, November 27, 2007

How Times Have Changed

I just went downstairs to our community work kitchen to discover that the tea fairy arrived last night. There was a brand new box of my new favorite sitting flavor on the counter. It was as if Santa showed up with a sack of toys for me. This just made my day. My co-worker laughed at me and told me that it was a “Christmas miracle.” He just doesn’t understand how much I enjoy my Candy Cane tea.

Last night I was sipping my nightly brew and I was actually thinking about my strategy of buying several boxes of this tea this season, knowing that the stores only sell it during the holidays. I will need my rations to get me through the rest of the year. As I was plotting this shopping spree, I was reflecting on how much my life has changed and how old I feel. The big exciting event that I look forward to these days is having my nightly 9 o’clock tea and my tea biscuits (yes, I eat tea biscuits!) curled up on the couch in my jammies after my shower. I used to be shooting kamikaze shots at the downtown bars and now I’m in my PJs by 8 PM. Oh well, I don’t think I would go back in time if given the chance. I’m very happy sitting at home . . . sipping my tea.

No comments: