Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I'm On a Meal Making Roll

I’ve been a cooking maniac. Last night I made yet another homemade meal. Nancy (previous owner of our house) came over for dinner. I made a very yummy meal (which killed my stomach). I told Karlo that after last night’s dinner I am on strike. I am done with cooking for at least a week. I need a break.

We had such a nice visit. I couldn’t wait to tell Nancy all about our weekend drama and I was amazed that word hadn’t already traveled through our small town to her. I also couldn’t wait to see pictures of the construction of their new home . . . I mean of "our new vacation home." Holy Moses, I can’t wait to see it in person. Positively gorgeous. Nancy’s husband Rick got so inspired by all the colors that I painted at home that he decided to use the same ones. The poor guy is now on his 5th coat of paint. Right about now, I’m sure he’s cursing me. I bet his old standard white would have covered in just one coat. Sorry Rick!

Nancy is so nice. She showed up last with flowers for me. I’ll include a picture below and she has even offered to house/dog sit while Karlo and I are in Florida next month. This will be the first time we could travel (after acquiring the hounds) where we didn’t feel guilty every minute of our trip. Nancy will be back in her familiar house, taking her nightly bubble baths. I wonder if this will confuse the dogs.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Well you should feel guilty anyhow. I'm still sad that we won't get to hang with the greyhounds while you're gone! No fair!!