Sunday, July 12, 2009

Birds and Flowers

Looks like the only thing I took pictures of this weekend is birds and flowers. We had a bonfire one night for two reasons. One, I wanted some roasted marshmallows. And two, I wanted to try to take some pictures of the cool sparks and the fire reflecting on the pond. Well, I got my fill of marshmallows, but the photo op didn’t go so well. The problem was the fact that I suggested the bonfire too early in the evening. The very second I make a suggestion Karlo has to spring into action immediately. I was hoping for a nighttime bonfire for the cool picture effects, but instead I got a 7 PM bonfire while it was still broad daylight. Sigh

So while Karlo was busy making the fire I walked around the yard and took some flower pictures.




Then while we sat near the fire pit, waiting for it to get dark, I discovered some blue birds in one of our bird boxes. I’ll be darned there were babies inside the box. In this picture you can see mom and dad getting ready to feed the babies and one little squirt peeking its head through the hole. Too cute.


I also caught a humming bird at our new feeder. Actually I caught a bunch of humming birds in action, only I accidentally deleted the pics before saving to my hard drive. Long story.

I never did get my sparks flying bonfire pictures because the bugs got the best of us and we gave up on the fire before it ever got dark. Better luck next time. If you would like to see more pretty flower pictures please click here.

2 comments:

tina said...

i hope you had some chocolate with
those marshmallows...yum

michelled said...

Love the wildlife photos - esp. the blue birds!