Monday, July 20, 2009

Broken Music - Take 2

What a glorious day today will be. I'm taking the day off to recoop from the Sting concert last night. I'm still on a cloud and will be listening to Sting and The Police non-stop all day. Luckily I have a play list called "Karlo Not Home" because he doesn't seem to have the same appreciation for the music as I do. Last night Sting played a completely one-off show, not part of any tour, at Foxwoods. What luck to score a couple of tickets. It was a stripped down version - no fancy light show, no big screen behind the stage, no back-up singers. It was just Sting and three musicians rocking out. I was in pure Heaven. He played about 50% his solo tunes and the other 50% Police tunes. And, as much as I will always love the Police tunes in their pure form, Sting always jazzes them up on his own and I sometimes struggle trying to figure out which version I love more.

Oh, and the good (make that great) news is that Sting no longer looks like a scary mountain man. That disgusting look he was sporting at the inaugural ball is a thing of the past. Thank goodness. He's back to looking like good ole Sting. He still got it! Although I have to admit I spent most of the night staring at his fingers and I can't wait to run upstairs and pick up my bass later today.
It's incredible how concerts seem to cause a time warp. Looking at Sting (from a far) he looked the same as he's always looked. And I felt like I was 20 years old again. Watching him perform and listening to all my favorite songs transports me right back to the day. I still remembering my father asking me when I'm going to grow out this . . . this obsession with my favorite musician. Well Dad, I guess it ain't happening. I already can't wait for the next show.

2 comments:

tina said...

so happy to hear you had a great
time at the concert and have a
really great day.

lgaumond said...

Oh thank GOD he cleaned up! That mountain man look was hideous.

So glad you had a great time!