Monday, July 20, 2009

In Other Weekend News

I was so excited about the Sting concert that I completely ignored the rest of the weekend. And now that it's Monday evening I'm already having a hard time remembering the rest of the time. A couple of the highlights, aside from our usual bike rides and kayak trips was attending a birthday/going-away party that our neighbors threw. Maybe I neglected to talk about this because it's still hard to talk about this. I am SO SAD to see this family go. What were the chances that I would meet, and become great friends with, new neighbors via Criag's List? I mean really, what were the chances of that? But it happened. Not only do Robin and I have a lot in common, but I adore her little squirts. And now that we just got to really know each other they are leaving :-( sniff sniff. I hate it!! OK, I can't continue on that thought anymore . . .

On a happier subject, I'm ready to unveil our "really finished this time" shack. You will notice that it's adored with some cute Paula touches. And you can also see the little deck addition.

But we didn't stop there. Some new landscaping was also in order. We made this rather large planting area for only $50! That is called 'country landscaping.' Use rocks for edging and transplant what is already growing in the woods for free. I broke down and bought a few plants and we still need to get mulch (and perhaps steal some more plants from Dad's yard) but we're almost there.

4 comments:

tina said...

it looks so awesome!!

michelled said...

Looks amazing. Totally amazing. Nice job.

michelled said...

Looks amazing. Totally amazing. Nice job.

lgaumond said...

So cute!