Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Can’t Wait to Go to Sleep

My head is spinning and I’m so tired. I don’t know if it’s the jet lag, the complete exhaustion, or the really comfy IKEA sofa that we are now sleeping on, but I just can not get up in the morning. Seems like we have been going a million miles an hour for the past month. I have to admit, coming to work this morning (to the 300 unread emails and dozen projects piled up) strangely seemed relaxing compared to the rest of my life. Karlo even commented that he’s looking forward to going to work, getting a coffee, and SITTING DOWN. It’s been a month since the poor guy sat down for more than an hour (not including the plane ride). He stood in the machine shop for 12 hour days for a few weeks. Then he stood all day when he was teaching his class. Then he stood all day at the trade show. And at home, well sitting was out of the question there. So . . . it’s good to be back at work!

Yesterday was a blur. We had to go out to Eastford to meet our professional pool table installers in the morning. Took them hours to set up our table, but it was a nice visit with the owner of the house. He walked us around and told us just about everything you could imagine about every little detail of the house. My head is so full. I even got a lesson on working the fancy stove. Maybe it will inspire me to cook. Those high end appliances are such a waste on me!

When the installers were done we had to return our Comcast rentals and then we tried to get new cell phones. That is a long disaster of a story that I will spare you, but I’m left in limbo with Razor that’s been inactivated and an expensive PDA phone that doesn’t work. Great. More things to deal with.

Then it was off to the closing. I got to meet the people taking over MY house. It was hard, but the good news is that I really liked them. They are a young couple from Boston, just starting out, and I’m sure they will be very happy there. I finally met and love my attorney. I didn’t think that was possible. Karlo has a very strong aversion to lawyers (sorry Reg, nothing personal) and I have tried to convince him that not ALL lawyers are evil. I picked this guy because his last name is Romano. How could I go wrong? Love him!

So now we are temporarily rich!!! I have this large check sitting on my desk and I have to figure out what to do with it until the next closing (at which time we will be poor).

The dogs are doing better than expected. Grandpa is making me nervous by helping out. He let them both out yesterday with no leashes. I can’t even believe we still have two dogs. Karlo is setting up a temporary fence tonight so hopefully we won’t lose any hounds.

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

I'm sure you're mentally and emotionally exhausted, on top of being just plain physically exhausted. It's a wonder you can get out of bed at all! It's like having culture shock. But how exciting it will be when you can settle in at your new house. I can't wait!

Jamie said...

I say take the check, bring it to Mohegan Sun, find the first roulette table and put it all on RED! Double your money and go home... it's that simple.

Of course, you'll be liable for the taxes, so perhaps that's not such a good thing since you don't get along with your Uncle Sam ;).