Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Weekend Plans

Thank heavens that we have something to do this weekend. Last weekend was dreadful with nothing to do. Well, that doesn't include Friday night. Lisa and Luke invited us over for dinner and that was a real treat. The dogs got to run around with Molly and the humans got to catch up on what felt like months of not seeing each other. I teased Lisa because we normally talk (via email) several times a day, every day. Then all of a sudden, after we officially moved out of Andover, nearly a week went by and I didn't hear from her. I thought for sure that she disowned me because we 'moved away.'

So this Saturday will be our big demolition day in Haddam. My father and brother got all the necessary paperwork to allow us to 'remove' the existing cottage on Dad's land. The boys (Dad, Angelo, John and Karlo) have big plans to drive the backhoe straight through the house. This should be an interesting day for sure. I'll be sure to bring my camera so I can share some pictures of this event.

Then on Saturday night we are heading to Tammy's for dinner :-) Tammy and I were discussing this dinner yesterday. She's asking me lots of questions about my food and drink preferences. You guys don't understand that we are so thrilled to be invited to dinner that we would literally eat ANYTHING and be soooooo grateful for both the dinner and the company. Tammy joked that she will probably screw up making her favorite dish. That's when I shared my story with her and now I'll share it with you too . . .

I told Tammy that the last time I invited friends over for dinner I made Turkey Chili. You ready for this? I forgot to add the chili powder!! Can you imagine chili with no chili powder? Well, Luke & Lisa can. I'm such an idiot. They still claim that it "tasted fine" but I'm still an idiot.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Will you shut up about that? Seriously. Let it go. It was delicious. Whatever you want to call it, it was tasty.

It's not like you made a banana bread with a cup of salt instead of sugar. Yeah, I did that once. Don't bake before you wake up, it's a dangerous thing to do.