Monday, April 23, 2007

Interesting Discovery

Spring is finally here and I couldn’t be happier. I broke out the short and sandals and painted my toenails. Yeah! We had a nice weekend outdoors. Got the dogs out and about, went for a motorcycle ride, and did a whole lot of work to our cars. Well, that means Karlo did all the work, while I mostly just stood around and complained that we were still in Hartford. But now the new hitch is on my car and I’m ready to tow something . . . Karlo put half of his new roof rack on the Golf and it even has a new bra. We have to make the car our own. Can’t just have a plain car. All it needs now is a bike or kayak on the roof and a greyhound decal on the window. I’m still trying to twist Karlo’s arm into letting me put a sticker on it.

On Saturday night we went to the Channel 3 Kids Camp Charity Auction. It’s a fun night – more fun when you actually win something – but we were sorry losers this year! oh well. I tried really hard to win dance lessons again, but no luck. (I’m sure Karlo is bummed.) Still fun to watch Scot Haney proclaim his gayness to the crowd.

Anyway, I came to a shocking realization Saturday night. Right before the live portion of the auction, they showed the crowd a video about the Kid’s Camp. When I saw all the clips of the camp and the trails that we used to walk on every week, I got really sad. I really loved that place in Andover and I’m really going to miss it  It was then that I discovered that I haven’t once thought about our old house. I haven’t once missed it. It seems that I really never turned back since we drove down the driveway for the last time. I was shocked to realize this. Especially me. I have a hard time letting go of everything. But every since we left, I have been completely focused on the new house . . . How many more days before we can move there? . . . . All the things that we need to buy for it . . . . All the fun research and shopping for those things. I guess this is a good thing. So far I have no regrets. I hope it stays that way!

100 more days . . . tomorrow starts the double digits!

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

Karlo's car has a BRA? A bra? I can't stop saying that. Karlo bought a bra? For his car? I'm shocked. First he's a home hairdresser, now he's buying bras?

Anonymous said...

My car is decent now.