Thursday, April 22, 2010

Another Attempt at Fun Gone Wrong

You might have noticed that one of the things on my list of Fun Things To Do was shopping. Normally nothing cheers me up more than a shopping spree and the timing was perfect to receive the new Kohls sales flier in the mail. I sat at the kitchen counter and could feel my spirits rising as I circled all the things that I wanted to buy. I literally had something circled on every page. I was so excited and couldn’t wait to get to the store.

And since I had another facial scheduled for yesterday afternoon and my beauty salon is right down the road from Kohls, it was shaping up to be the perfect happiness solution for me . . .

But, needless to say, things didn’t go as planned. I guess I forgot how frustrated I normally get at Kohls. I have sworn, cursed, and muttered under my breath so many times in the past trying to find anything that fits me in that store. I have come to the realization that they don’t cater to skinny chicks. Many of the brands aren’t even offered in my size and the brands that are were completely picked over and it seemed that every size small in the store was already gone. Out of the 25 things I had circled I found only ONE thing – a simple tank top – an undershirt really. How exciting is that? And here’s the biggest kicker. I thought it was black and when I got it home I realized that it was actually brown. Unreal.

I gave up all hope on finding any shorts, capris, or skirts that fit. I did find one top that was not on my list. And it's a funky one that I think Tina would approve of so that's a big accomplishment. That was my consolation prize after being defeated looking for the things that I actually wanted to buy. Oh, and the one item that I wanted the very most, the one that really drove me to the store was a new waffle maker to replace the one at home that I love, but is dying. And of course, they didn’t have any in stock. In fact, they didn’t even have any more online. The whole trip was just a frustrating flop, certainly no fun at all.

Oh well, there’s always tonight to try the fun thing again. And this time will be hoot for sure. I get to go to the DMV. Wooooohooooooo. I can hardly wait. Good times will be had by all!

7 comments:

tina said...

i get frustrated at kohl's too. maybe you can get a raincheck for the waffle maker? DMV...what's that about? oh yeah, this works now

Unknown said...

Gotta transfer my old motorcycle plate (registration) to the new bike. That alone made me think hard about swapping bikes. I dread the DMV!

lgaumond said...

I loathe shopping in Kohls.

You should try a place that caters to skinny chicks, like Banana Repulbic or GAP. Sure, the clothes are more expensive, but I guarantee you'll find something that fits, and that alone is worth the extra money!

Bring a book or a magazine and plan to use your time waiting at the DMV as relaxation time. Sit, read, breathe, and relax. Bring your journal, write, plan, make lists of happy things.

Make your own fun!

Unknown said...

Don't forget I will be at DMV with the guy that can take the fun out the Wii. Just listening to him complain should be relaxing, right? I have no book, an iPod that is completely dead and a phone that's low on battery life. Poor planning to say the least. Perhaps I'll bring my laptop and get some work done.

lgaumond said...

NO! Work is not relaxing.

Give Karlo money for the vending machine, tell him to go sit outside and wait, and you read some fun things on your computer.

Sheesh! You really are bad at having fun, aren't you?

Unknown said...

It irks me to no end when I like a particular piece of clothing in a circular only to NOT find it at the store. From what I've heard from other people, Kohl's does not sound like a place that I would want to visit.

Gina said...

Darn, It sucks when you have nothing to wear to your own pity party.