Monday, April 12, 2010

The Last Tile Project

And I mean that two ways. This is the most recent tile project we have completed and it will (hopefully) be the last tile project we will do . . . well, in this house anyway. I have been dreaming about this particular project since the day we moved in. Come to think of it, it was before we even moved in. We had the luxury of sneaking into the house a week before we were due to move in so that we could paint most of the rooms. I knew the guest bathroom would be purple the day I first saw it. But I always wanted to take it a step further and add white tiles. My original vision was to tile the entire lower portion of the wall below the border we just completed. I thought the contrasting green glass tiles would be so cool against the purple walls. And let me tell you, it took me months to find the right sized glass tiles to fit the white blanks. And even then we had to do some fancy footwork to actually execute it. I guess we got a little lazy because I went from thoughts of white tiles on the lower wall to thoughts of embossed white paper. Something like this:

I am still considering the paper project, but that can happen at any time . . . whenever the home improvement itch comes back. I might have to do another Photoshop makeover to help me decide if I want the bottom portion to be white. Hopefully I can get some friendly blogging feedback to help me decide. We will revisit that idea in the Fall. Now I'm ready to move outside to yard projects.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tina said...

i dont think wallpaper is a good idea in a bathroom. i like the tile idea. it actually looks great the way it is.

lgaumond said...

I love the tile exactly as it is! I looks beautiful.