Sunday, April 25, 2010

Now That’s Better

I must say that things on the happy front are improving. I made it through the scene at the DMV without much incident. Karlo brought a book and was quite content to sit there. I got a lot of freelance work done with my laptop and I even brought all the correct paperwork the first time, which was a huge plus. So that unpleasant task is now happily behind me.

Friday night was our first attempt at the Netflix movie streaming and I’m happy to report that the set up was brainless and quick and the experience was outstanding. I was thrilled at how easy Netflix makes it to search through movies and set up your instant watching cue. It has to be at least a million times better than the pathetic excuse for ‘on demand’ that Charter offers. Kudos to Netflix.

And Saturday I scored an A+ for having fun. I completely lost my mind and forgot to do P90X first thing in the morning. I still can’t figure out what possessed me to get up and take a shower before working out. Of course the fact that I did this pained me, but Karlo convinced me to “pretend the day didn’t happen” as far as my work-out schedule goes . . . and I did just that. I just ‘let it go’ and seemed to have suffered no repercussions from it. I guess the world doesn’t end if you make one screw up.

So instead of P90X we took our hour long, moderately strenuous hike, but we did it at a slower pace, which actually made it enjoyable. I took my headphones and phone (since my iPod is still dead but I’m not going to let it anger me anymore) and I was bopping around the trail, lost in my own music-filled world. It was fun!

Upon getting home Karlo took up a nice spot on the back deck and read his book. I sat in the house so jealous I could cry. You see, I wasn’t supposed to be in the sun this weekend due to my most recent chemical peel. My skin was literally falling off in sheets and the sun was 100 times stronger to my venerable face. It just wasn’t fair that I couldn’t sun bathe on the deck too. So instead I sat in the dining room, cutting up my magazines and making more happiness collages. Once again . . . it was fun!

Then we went for a motorcycle ride. I was safe from the sun under my motorcycle helmet and I had a ball. This was my first real ride on my new bike, and except for one accidental horn honk, I rode flawlessly. It was fun!

We also accomplished some chores around the yard, but even those were fun. I found my big floopy hat and ventured outdoors into the sun. I had some new shrubs to plant and some transplanting projects to get done and what better time to do them than right before the rains. So we got busy and with not much effort made some big changes in the yard. I just love the instant gratification that planting new things give you. Looking at the pretty results was fun!

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

I am VERY proud of you. You let P90X hell fall by the wayside in favor of enjoying yourself, AND you're letting go of the iPod anger. I give it an A++!

I always accidentally honk the horn on the Cyclone at least once in the trip. With my big, gloved fingers, it's too easy to hit the horn when I'm turning off the turn signal. I just smile and wave and pretend I meant to do it.

Yay for a wonderful weekend!