Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Losing My Mind

Guess what I've been doing when I haven't been working on my new Paula Apro web site? I've been feverishly and painstakingly building, not only a new web site for YogaDudes, but an entire new shopping cart. Like bamboo under the fingernails, nails against a chalkboard, or maybe a root canal. I can't think of many things I would rather do less than go through that process again any time soon.

The site went live this morning and, of course, it's chock full of bugs. I spent 30 seconds testing the cart and realized that the cheapest shipping cost was $34 - no matter what you tried to buy. All day I couldn't fix the shipping rates and I was ready to start getting hate mail from shoppers. I was just waiting for the, "Hey YogaDudes, have you lost your mind with your shipping rates?"

I have been chained to the computer all day and night. Luckily I did manage to fix the shipping rates (thanks to Karlo who mustered up 5 minutes of patience from some unknown place), but I still have a mountain of other issues to work through. I think I'm starting to count down the days until vacation. Lord knows I'm going to need it more than ever.

To check out the new and (hopefully) improved site and cart, please click here. If you find obvious problems and errors, please leave me a comment and I'll add them to my bugs list . . . and then I'll go and drink one shot for every bug on my list.

1 comment:

tina said...

ok, make me feel like a slacker and at the same time just so amazed. way to go!!!!!