Sunday, April 4, 2010

Not a Very Good Friday

I used to say that Good Friday was a GREAT Friday because it's a bonus day off from work. And this year it sure was shaping up to be a great one. The weather was superb and more than we could ever even have hoped for so early on in the season. I had big big plans of playing all day.

But then I made an appointment for 11 am . . . to show my beloved motorcycle to somebody who was interested in buying in. I'm still not quite sure how it got that far. I had a couple of fleeting thoughts last Fall of selling my bike in order to upgrade to the exact same bike, only a few years newer. And I'm not totally sure how that silly idea even popped into my head. It had something to do with extra freelance money burning a hole in my wallet and my big mouth opening when it shouldn't have. But long story short, the deal that I tried to make, luckily went nowhere and I took the stash of cash and invested into my awesome iMac. A much much better investment, no doubt.

But then several months later, I'm innocently sitting at my desk at work when I get an email from a complete stranger (a friend of the original lady that I offered my bike to) and she wants to know if I still want to sell it. Well, I didn't, but for some reason I asked Karlo what to do and of course he told me to "go for it." So I started chatting with this nice lady and before you know it I got in deeper than I expected . . . and soon thereafter her husband is driving my baby out of our driveway. It's GONE. My bike is gone!!!!

Well, there went the rest of my day. I was seriously depressed at the thought of being bikeless. I thought coloring some eggs would help, but that turned out to be a small disaster and my ugliest eggs to date. The day was just not going as planned.


Karlo and I hiked and puttered around the house. The one thing that brought me joy was framing and hanging one of the photos I took in NC. That actually brought a smile to my otherwise Bad Friday.

No comments: