Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bending the Universe

Yesterday was a crazy day and I never got a chance to blog. Work has been busy and I spent most of the day in an anxious state of nervousness. I tried to calm it by going to my first real meditation class. More on that on my YogaDudes blog. I thought I did an amazingly good job at meditation, considering I was waiting for an important fax to arrive. And that fax was the Sales and Purchase Agreement for the sale of our house in Maine. Oh God, I said it. Did I just jinx us? I hope not. I hate to give any news before things are 150% sealed and final, but this is the reason my day was crazy yesterday.

Ever since we even thought about buying the house we are currently living in, we knew we would have to give up our 'vacation home.' We put the house on the market immediately (summer of 2006) and it's been over a year without one single offer. The housing market just continues to slide into the toilet. My first and favorite real estate agent had to quit to find a 'real' job. There are just no houses moving in mid-coast Maine and the agents can't make a living. This is quite depressing news to hear if you are a home-owner desperate to sell. My faith and hope really started to dwindle. We have a renter now and if all goes well (no more major repairs and the tenant stays), we would be fine. But WHAT IF? What if the tenant bailed on us? What if we had another expensive disaster up there? I just couldn't take the stress of worrying about the what ifs? We are no longer in a position of being able to carry both mortgages.

So when we got word that an offer came in, I was shocked. Then I began to wonder if this offer had anything to do with my recent commitment to meditation every day. At the end of January I was still looking for my New Years Resolution. I got the idea of making a new habit out of spending 5 minutes every night in meditation. This goes right along with my preaching about "The Secret" and it's just more proof to me that this stuff works. Every night for the past month I repeat a series of affirmations. I am talking to my sub conscious and telling it how I want things to go. Then I list all the things in my life that I am grateful for. I spend the last minute just calming and stilling my mind. It's amazing how uplifted you can feel from 5 minutes of this. As Karlo always said, "you can bend the universe with your thoughts" and I think I did. Actually, I'm not alone. Karlo has also committed to this five minute meditation and we both have similar goals - success, happiness, abundance, etc. Was this offer a direct result of our meditation? You decide.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

OMG! For real??? That's incredible. I'll think universe-bending thoughts for you, too, to make sure the deal goes through smoothly. Congratulations!