Friday, February 22, 2008

Total Body Workout


All week I've been busy working out every part of my body. Every day was a different muscle group and yesterday I even worked out my fingers. First, I knitted in the afternoon and then last night I played the bass. I've been missing the bass. For the past two weeks my nights have been consumed with exercising. Now I'm lucky if I get some string plucking once a week. But I gave my fingers a good workout yesterday. Now I think my toes are feeling left out. That's about the only part of my body that didn't get a work-out this week.

And last night I decided that I need to add another thing to my Bucket List. Before I die, I WILL learn how to play the bass lines of my all-time favorite song: Van Morrison's Moondance. And that will not be easy. It's way out of the league of my usual Police tunes, which can mostly be learned in 15 minutes. Moondance will take me years and I'll probably need to call in the help of John, Jamie and my Dad. But one way or another, I will get it.

No comments: