Monday, February 25, 2008

Why Did It Have To End?



I should be wearing black today. I’m in mourning that the weekend is over. I really enjoyed every minute of the blissful weekend. We got a couple chances to play in the snow and we had a ball. Our neighbors took us on a cross country ski trek. We drove the equivalent of one city block from their house and skied for 2 hours and ended up back in their yard. I’m still in disbelief at all the trails surrounding us right at home. We are in heaven.

After playing outside during the morning, we spent the rest of the day in the house. Karlo is always busy with his book, but I had all day to myself. I finished my book “Eat, Pray, Love” and I can’t thank Lisa enough for giving it to me. I enjoyed it so much and I’m almost sad that I finished it. I ripped apart "the ugliest scarf in the world" and started all over again from scratch. I’m happy to report that I no longer hate knitting and I’m doing a much better job on second (actually sixth) attempt. I got to play the bass, scrapbook, and various other little things around the house. It was so nice to not have an agenda and have plenty of time to kick back and relax.

Yesterday we got the royal treatment and had a spectacular gourmet breakfast prepared for us by the guy that signs our paychecks. We had a fun visit with coworkers and extended our visit to Tolland by taking a nice hike in the snow with Sue and her giant sheep dog. Fun fun. But our poor dogs were home alone, feeling neglected. So we went home and took them for a hike. Peanut had a great time and Bentley, well, he endured it.

Now it’s back to work. Back to the short nights of working-out, making dinner and getting ready to do it all over again the next day. Sigh. Is it Friday yet?

No comments: