Sunday, February 3, 2008

Typing Naked

The intended title for today's post was "Good Girl Fun." But when I started to type it, I realized that today was the first day that I could type naked! I got so excited, and found the title catchier, so I changed it. Now tell me, do you have an image of me sitting at my computer naked? Well, that's not what I meant. Today is the first day that I could type with naked FINGERS. That's right, I have no bandages covering my dots and that makes me a very happy camper.

But on to the real topic of today's post. I just had a delightful afternoon with Tina. Yes, today is supposed to be all about football and men grunting, but not this year. My grunting man is far away (oops, I wasn't supposed to say that . . . hold on while I restrain my vicious dogs . . . ) I spent the whole afternoon having good girl fun with Tina. We Zumba-ed together, had lunch, talked and had a nice little exercise of making fun collages with old magazines. This is something that I will never grow too old for. I had just as much fun doing it today as I did when I was a kid.

As a matter of fact, today I decided that I will make a fun collage with every magazine that I get. Instead of keeping heaps of old magazines that I fully intend to look back through, but never do, I decided that I will cut out all the things that appeal to me and glue them together on a scrapbook spread. This condenses the entire magazine to two little pages of just the fun stuff. Just the stuff that jumped out at me. This is a recycling genius, not to mention a great space saver. And I have a feeling that I will have a much better chance at actually looking back at a scrapbook than I will old magazines.

So here's this month's issue of Body & Soul magazine in my condensed version. I'm looking forward to this exercise every month. You should give it a try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was a good time and i hope it wont be long until we get together
again...thanks for everything