Friday, February 15, 2008

Monster Day at Work




Yesterday was busy one at work. We had some visitors that not only kept Karlo extremely busy all day, but kept the rest of the company entertained. Have you ever heard of the Monster Truck called GraveDigger? It’s a pretty famous one and there is an upcoming truck show in Worchester that these guys were in town for it. They are customers of Mastercam and spent a couple days here getting help from the Mastercam expert (that, of course, being Karlo). Karlo re-engineered a new carburetor for them. Actually, not only are they customers of ours, but we are one of their sponsors.

I never really had much interest in monster trucks. To be honest I only went to one monster truck show and that was because I was being paid to do so (my security guard days). It was horrific. My eyes burned from the fumes and my stomach hurt from the incredibly loud engines roaring through my gut. I hated being inside the area and vowed to never step foot in one again. However, it is fun to watch on TV, these guys are the nicest guys, and it is fun to look at the trucks up close.

And that we did. It was like an adult field trip here yesterday. They pulled out the two trucks (GraveDigger and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle), roared the engines, drove them up to the building and let all the employees crawl all over them. Like a bunch of kids, we were all out there climbing on the trucks, sitting in the drivers seat, and mostly freezing our butts off. I’m just happy they didn’t let Karlo drive!

By the way, just in case you're wondering . . . the trucks have ridiculously small tires on them because they can't fit them into the truck with the real monster ones on. With the real tires on them they would be about 6 feet taller!

No comments: