Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Jambalaya

Yesterday Lisa asked me what I did all day on Sunday - the day we stayed home. I'll be darned if I could come up with a list of things I did. Now you know me . . . I never sit still and do nothing. I was obviously busy doing something all day, but I'm so scattered that I either can't remember or did so many different things I can't explain.

I sat down to write today's blog posting and I got stuck on the title. My head is filled with so many random and fragmented thoughts that I can't even come up with a cohesive title. What is going on with me? Needless to say this will be a terribly incoherent posting and for that I apologize.

My first defense is that I'm exhausted. For over a week now, I'm constantly tired. It has to be our new work-out routine. It's taking a lot out of me. I've been very proud of the fact that my muscles haven't been very sore. However, I can fall asleep if left alone and idle for 5 minutes. Yesterday I did a very tough chest workout at lunch time. It left me completely drained and I yawned non-stop up and down the aisles at Big Y and during the drive home. But then it was time for our hour long arm and shoulder work-out. Where was I getting the energy from, I don't know. I still managed to make dinner and keep busy for the rest of the night. Although I have to say, knitting (more stories on that later this week) was challenging. Can you imagine getting arm fatigue from holding up knitting needles? Well, I did.

I got on the couch last night at 8 o'clock looking forward to my favorite show "New Adventures of the Old Christine." By 8:45 I told Karlo to "wake me up for my show." I knew I wasn't going to make it. As instructed, Karlo woke me up at 9:30, but no matter how hard I tried to beat the overwhelming force of exhaustion, I just couldn't. I struggled with one eye open for about 5.4 minutes and then fell back to sleep. I'm going to have to invest in TiVo.

The one thing that I wanted to share with you today is this . . . I got this email yesterday and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. This is incredible. Here's a picture and the link to the story. Check it out.

No comments: