Friday, February 29, 2008

Drum Roll Please

It has been one crazy and fast moving week. Yesterday was a blur. I spent most of my day designing the cover for Karlo’s book. I thought I would have months to play with this project, but the publisher informed me on Wednesday that they need a mock up for Friday or Monday at the latest. Karlo spends his entire weekend working on the book. I, on the other hand, have no interest in working on the weekends. So I scrambled to pull something together. The publisher had no idea that I was planning to do all the work, but how could I let somebody else design the cover to Karlo’s baby? I wanted to ensure it looked nice and was exactly what he wanted. Not to mention the thrill of designing a cover that will actually be printed. Sort of a little rush for me, the self proclaimed graphic designer.

So here is the grand unveiling. It might not be 100% final yet, but it’s pretty darn close. Coming soon (well, not too soon) to a bookstore near you . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Nice.... I love the cover and can't wait to get the book ( not that I will understand a word in it) But I need to get a copy of his first book so I can say I have the first book he wrote when he becomes famous. Plus I can say I know him when...

Anonymous said...

looks real cool...can't wait to
put it on my shelf...i want a
copy signed by both of you.

lgaumond said...

How exciting! Lovely cover.