Monday, February 18, 2008

Shopping, Visiting and a Party


What a busy weekend. Saturday was a blur. We did our work-out then I cleaned the house and before I knew it, it was time to take off for our big adventure to civilization. We did all sorts of errands and even went to Cabelas. Karlo has been eager to go and check the place out, but it didn't live up to his expectations. Not only did they not have the only thing he wanted to buy, but it was crowded with people . . . And apparently, since we moved out to the Boonies, Karlo can't stand people. If I had to hear him complain one more time that "there are too many people," I was going to have to smack him. Granted I probably shouldn’t have dragged him through Buckland Hills leading up to our trip to Cabelas. It was just too much civilization for him to take in one day.

We had an hour to visit with Dad, which was nice, and we even got a surprise bonus visit with my brother's family. That hour went by way too fast. I even got carried away and lost track of time. We barely made it to Tina's surprise birthday party on time. That was fun. Tina was actually surprised by the part and even more surprised to find me and Regina there. It was so nice to visit with those guys, and did I mention the homemade Italian cooking? Heaven.

Yesterday we made up for civilization overload and we stayed home all day. We never even went outside - despite the fact that we both wanted to walk down to see how big the river was from all the rain. We did our 90 minute work out and Karlo mostly worked on his book all day. I was busy doing all sorts of things that I can no longer remember. All I know is that it was blissful to have an entire day with no plans and no agenda. It went by too fast and I want it back - now!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: