Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

Look at what my sweet Babboo (is that what Sally called Linus?) sent me for Valentines Day. I really don't ever expect flowers anymore. After all, we ARE married. But it was a nice surprise and I especially like the vase. It reminds me of those little heart shaped candies. Oh, I love those. I need to run out to CVS and get some today. The white ones are my favorite. They taste like wintergreen - yummy.

And speaking of wintergreen . . . I'm a hurting unit today. Hmmmm, those two thoughts don't seem to have anything to do with one another. Let me explain. Wintergreen reminds me of BenGay. And I am in great need of Ben Gay today. You would think, knowing how many pain cremes I own, that I would have some on, but because I'm wearing my pretty pink cashemere sweater (in honor of Valentines Day), I refused to slather greasy cream on my back. So to save the sweater, I'm in pain.

Last night was one of the harder P90X workouts. Not sure if anyone is keeping track of our work out progress on my YogaDudes blog, but so far all the days have been doable. Yoga was the hardest and last night was just plain unpleasant. We went back and fourth from leg exercises to pull-ups for an hour. I am pretty good at normal pull-ups (where you grip the bar with the back our your hands facing away from you). But when I tried to do my first wide arm pull-up with the back of my hands facing me, disaster struck. I felt something snap in my back and instant pain going from my neck down to my mid-back. Strangely, this is the side of my neck that was sore over the weekend so I'm not sure exactly what is going on with me. All I know is that I'm hurting and I can't wait to get home and take off the cashmere and put on the Ben Gay. I had to suffer through the rest of the legs and back exercises and then end the session with something called the Ab Ripper. Imagine doing nearly 600 ab exercises with a hurting neck. NOT fun.

So the flowers, although they are for Valentines, are sure helping lift my spirits after an incredibly bad work week and getting me through a painful day. Thanks Karlo. I guess I should go out and get you more chocolate now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valintine's Day! And it is indeed a happy one for me too! Your brother actually bought a great gift!!!! BY HIMSELF AND MORE THAN A DAY before Valintine's day. I finally got my anniversary ring that I didn't get in June for our 20th anniversary ( OK it's 8months late but at least I got it before our 21st Anniversary) You should be very proud of him!

Anonymous said...

Oops! I guess I need to proof read before I publish the comment. I meant to say Valentine's Day NOT Valintine's Day, I can't believe I spelled it wrong twice. Oh Well I was just so excited

Anonymous said...

happy valentines day everyone!
i like to buy the kids a cupcake
and a suzy-q for michael.