Monday, February 11, 2008

Thoughts From the Weekend

My first thought is, "Do you think I have a problem with pain?" I snapped the photo above because looking at the this scene on my coffee table made me laugh. I asked Karlo to get me some pain cream. Not knowing exactly what I wanted, he went into my vanity drawer and brought down everything he could find. Should anybody need that many pain creams?

Which leads me to my second thought. Do you remember when I blogged about trying to make the decision on whether or not to start a new work-out program called P90X? Well, I decided. I bought the videos and Karlo and I started the program this weekend. Hence all the pain creams.

Well, that is actually not true. Yes, I'm in sore from the work out, but to be honest with you, the pain cream was for my neck, which I somehow hurt and had nothing to do with the workout. I think I hurt my neck in the car and no, I can't even blame Karlo's driving. I was watching Karlo load a new work bench into the back of the Golf. This was very interesting because the bench was a foot longer than the cargo area of the car. I just had to see how Houdini was going to pull this off. And in the process I pulled a muscle in my neck!

The work out is going great. We started it on Saturday and made it through our first two sessions. Yes, it's hard. But it's strangely fun at the same time. I decided to document my entire journey through these next 90 days of work-out hell and if you would like to track my progress, you can find the entire story on my YogaDudes blog.

Now I'm feeling all good about myself doing this new exercise routine. My upcoming birthday is starting to instill a panic in me. I desperately want to stay young. Then last night I marveled watching Tina Turner on the Grammys. Can somebody please tell me how old that woman is? Did she not look amazing? Forget working out. I want to eat, drink or smoke whatever it is that she is. There was not one wrinkle on that woman's skin. How on earth does she do it? I think she is my new idol.

No comments: