Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cool Music App

It's time that I blogged about another one of my favorite apps. I'm afraid I've been leaving poor Jean hungry for more app ideas. That, plus I don't seem to have the energy to come up with anything more creative to say. All I can think about right now is how much my arms hurt. Yes, the dreaded day is coming . . . the "I-gotta-do-one-more-push-up-from-now-on" day. Funny how that evil day motivates me to get back to the gym every year. I gave Karlo the green light to kill me and he's doing a good job. Luckily typing doesn't require any shoulder movement . . .

So anyway, one of the cool apps that I wanted to share is called Shazam. It's this nifty little app that will tell you the artist and title of whatever song you happen to be listening to. So let's say you're driving along (as the passenger of course) in the car and a song you really like comes on the radio. Yeah, I know most car stereos have a digital read out that tells you the artist and song, but this is even cooler because it automatically gives you links to buy the mp3 file online . . . which of course gets instantly downloaded to your phone. Here's a little video that explains it better:



So if you find yourself saying, "oooh, I love this song. I wonder what it is. I want to buy it." this app is for you. It's free, so why not download it - just in case.

No comments: