Sunday, June 12, 2011

More Dreams Come True

I guess this blog covers three of my small dreams come true . . .

I meant to blog about this little shopping find a month ago, but never got around to it. While we were strolling the shops in South Beach Miami a couple of months ago, we stumbled upon a really cool artsy shop. In fact I think it was the art deco museum shop where I spotted this 'deco dog.'


I positively loved it and found it to be a bargain at $95. My only problem was lugging it on the airplane. I was actually contemplating inquiring as to how much shipping would cost when Karlo pointed out all the signs that said "NO PHOTOS PLEASE" and this was, of course, after I took a half dozen pictures in the store. I got nervous and high-tailed it on out of there sans-deco dog. So sad.

So you can imagine my delight when I spotted this pooch at Home Goods a couple of weeks later for $25.

I couldn't grab it and get to the check-out fast enough. It was such a great score. I got my very own deco dog for a quarter of the price and I think he's just as cute. Only problem was that I had no place to put him for the past 2 months. He's been living on the wood stove in our bedroom, but that's no fun. Nobody will ever see him in there. Enter dream come true #2.

It's been 4 years now that we've been in our new house and for 4 years I've been wanting a piece of furniture in our foyer. You enter the house to this big empty foyer with positively no character. Yes, I know the house has enough character on it's own, but I wanted the foyer to reflect a little bit of Karlo and I. I wanted something to light up the space and, more importantly, I just wanted something to fill the open space. I truly can't believe it took us four years, but we finally got a piece of furniture that we both liked. And, on it we placed our prize deco dog and a sculpture of a couple on a tandem bike. Can you imagine a better welcome to our house? Here it is in place:

And dream come true #3 . . . notice that this piece of furniture includes storage space. That wasn't necessarily the intention of this piece, but the fact that it just so happened to have storage space was a huge bonus. It took me 30 seconds to decide that this would be my very own photography cabinet. Can not tell you how excited I am to have all my photography equipment in one place. Well, almost all of it. I have my lenses, hoods, filters, chargers, bags, cleaners, clips, holders, dog collar, every photo gadget I own neatly stored in one place. Heaven!!!

No comments: