Monday, June 27, 2011

Hungarian Dinner Party

This past weekend was mostly completely consumed by a party we threw on Saturday. I was quite proud of myself for not completely stressing out (this is all part of the new and improved Paula). I didn't obsess with practicing the dishes. I didn't obsess with cleaning the house (although I did, of course, clean it). I didn't really obsess about anything, but I still managed to have all the details in place to host a great party.

We spent all day on Saturday prepping. Karlo magically converted our dining room table into jumbo mode. I set and decorated the table with tiny Hungarian flags that Jessica painstakingly cut out and mountain laurel that I think I can be arrested for cutting. Shhhhhh, don't tell anybody. I cleaned the house and washed the floor, set up the porch and cleaned the gazebo tent furniture. I even ripped some Hungarian music to my iPod and charged up the batteries in my video camera. And you know what that means . . . . I made a new video . . .



And most of the day on Sunday went to recovering from the night before. Apparently I had a little too much chocolate wine and plum brandy, which, by the way, may not be a good combination. I certainly wouldn't recommend trying it! I slept in late and basically didn't move much off the back deck all day. Our plans for a big bike ride went out the window and instead the most energy we exerted was to drive to Killingly and pick up some big pieces of wood. Stay tuned for what we have planned for them.

2 comments:

tina said...

great video and thanks so much for the little tease about your next project.

lgaumond said...

Aww... that looked like the perfect dinner party. You both even looked relaxed! My favorite video moment was the home inspection (and second opinion). Too funny!