Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Guilt Made Me Do It

I've been having fun with my online photo class and so far I've done my assignment every day. I was pleased with most of my pictures, but there were a couple days that were super lame. Despite taking less than stellar pictures, I still posted them to the classroom gallery. I'm trying to make a big effort to at least post something every day.

Yesterday's assignment was dreadfully difficult. We were supposed to shoot something "yummy in our kitchen." Yeah right, like there is any food in my kitchen, let alone something yummy. Karlo has been out of town all week and that means I've been living on scraps. So I decided to take my father out to Friendlys for dinner last night and shoot our yummy Happy Ending sundaes. It was the perfect excuse to splurge on ice cream. The picture came out like crap due to me having the wrong lens (what else is new?) but I so enjoyed the ice cream so it was all worth it.

Today's assignment was to capture a punctuated splash of color. One that really stood out from it's surroundings. Since it was too hot to take a real walk at lunch time (and I stuffed myself with pizza at a meeting making yoga impossible) I decided to take a leisurely stroll around the beautiful grounds at work. For sure I would find something to photograph. Nope. I got nothing. I took my buddy Jill's advice (she is such a bad influence) and I cheated. I looked back through my picture archives and found the perfect picture. I captioned it with, "This picture deserves a punctuation mark." Here was the shot:


And I got all kinds of kudos and people saying what a great find it was for today's prompt. How meaningful it was, blah, blah, blah. Oh God, the guilt was killing me. So I had to go home and really do the assignment. I sacrificed a pint of blood as I got brutally attacked my mosquitos and deer flies, but I got three shots that I would have uploaded to my class (had I not already cheated). Here they are:


At least now I can sleep better tonight knowing that I did my homework. Well, if I can stop itching that is.

1 comment:

michelled said...

That dang tornado has really put a damper on my ability to do the class and it's really bumming me out. It's been a week of manual labor and cleaning....and I'm tired and sort of depressed. I'll try to pull out of it because I do love seeing everyone's stuff and getting/giving feedback. Nice job by the way!!