Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week 23 in Photos

#157
My photo assignment today was to shoot something white on white. This is always a challenge to shoot (technically speaking), but for me taking these daily shots is an even bigger challenge because of my shortage of time. On this particular day I just happened to be wearing white shorts, sandals, and a watch to work. In between my yoga routine and eating my lunch I closed my office door, slipped off all three articles of clothing, and quickly snapped this shot.

#158
Today's assignment was nearly impossible so I had to cheat a little. I was supposed to shoot "something yummy in my kitchen." Yeah right. As if there was anything in my kitchen, forget anything yummy. So I grabbed my father and we headed to Friendlys where we just HAD to get ice cream for dessert . . . just so I could shoot it!

#159
I already told this story about how the guilt of cheating on my homework drove me to go home and shoot the assignment for real. This was taken on the dock by the pond.

#160
Today's assignment was to take a picture of textures. Of course it was supposed to be a colorful texture (since the class is all about color), but I was stuck in a machine shop all day and night so this was the best I could do.

#161
Today's assignment was to capture the colorful 'tools' we use to create. Since my favorite tool is not colorful at all – it's black (my camera) I had to improvise.

#162
One of the most exciting parts of my day–placing this new furniture in place and filling it up with my photography equipment.

#163
The conditions were ripe today to take long exposures of the flowing river in our backyard. They were also ripe to get eaten alive by mosquitoes.

1 comment:

tina said...

NO JOKE...I almost bought the same dog at our marshalls! there were 2 in our store and they were both really scrapped up badly. too funny