Monday, June 20, 2011

Dad's Day Recap

What a great day I had. You would think I was a father myself for all the fun I had. The day started early (due to the fact that I struggle to sleep past 4 am these days) and I was happy to be up and making the most of the beautiful day. I treated Karlo to some Belgian waffles and we lounged on the deck in our new gazebo tent, sipping our hot beverage of choice.


It was so peaceful to listen to the birds chirping and watch the sun rays beaming through the trees. My photo assignment today was to capture the "color of calm" and "zoom into a peaceful moment." As I was walking through the porch to get to the deck I notice the sun lighting up a little vase I had on our bistro table. It really caught my eye and I thought "bingo, homework assignment done by 7am."


We had big plans to spend the day with my family and I was simply thrilled to drive our bikes down to Haddam.


We let the GPS pick a perfectly picturesque route and I enjoyed every second of our 80 minute commute. The river was hopping with activity and we had such a nice time visiting. Dad was thrilled to have us all together and my brother christened his new grill with some mean filet mignon.


It was been exactly 5 years since I had a piece of steak, but I did just fine eating it. No tummy aches at all. Wow, impressive. Lunch was fit for a king. What a treat.

After lunch Karlo and Dad got into a very long conversation. I'm still wondering what they were talking about for so long.


And I went for a boat ride with Ang, Penni and John. Thankfully, this time I stayed dry. I was perfectly content being in the boat as opposed to the jet ski. Nicole preferred the jet ski and luckily there were no mishaps this time and nobody went for a swim.


I also got to meet my niece's bunny and holy cow is she cute. I got to hold and pet her and bond with her and what do you think happened? Of course . . . I decided I now want a bunny. Until it was pointed out how ridiculous it would be to bring a bunny home . . . to two greyhounds. Ok, bad idea. Now I'm back to wanting a duck!


I would have had a nice video of the day for you by this point, but due to my broken internet connection at home, it's going to have to wait. Please stay tuned for that.

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

I love that picture of you on the bike. The perspective is great, you look like you should be in an ad for BMW.

tina said...

the photo of your dad and karlo looking out onto river brought such a smile to my face. it makes me think and feel peace and love.