Thursday, June 9, 2011

My New Dog Collar

I still can't believe how excited I was to buy myself a dog collar. You should have seen the looks I was getting from strangers as they watched me trying the collars on and debating about which color I wanted. All I could think about for days was fixing this collar up for my special needs.

So we took it home and we first tried it on Peanut. Since her neck is so small I thought it might work better around her waist, but only Peanut has a waist the same size as her neck!


And if you haven't yet figured out what I'm doing with this thing, this picture might give it away.


If you look close near my hip you will see that black plastic contraption that I showed off around Valentines Day. That is my super cool Spider clip to hold my camera. The original belt that came with this thing was one size fits all and let's face it, that is ridiculous. It wrapped around me 3 times and turned out to be very hot when I wore it in the desert of Moab. Not to mention the fact that I lost the darn thing and haven't seen it since. I tried strapping the clip to one of my leather belts, but the leather started to stretch under the weight of my heavy camera, making it uncomfortable. I needed something that fit me snuggly around my waist with a easy-to-use and substantial buckle. This dog collar is perfect. Although I'm still trying to imagine what breed of dog this thing would fit. Yikes!

I get to try it out tonight with my camera attached. Fingers crossed that it goes as well I hoped.

3 comments:

Sandy Foster said...

Brilliant! :D Just brilliant, Paula!

Ok, you win. Now *I* want a Spider and a dog collar belt. :D

lgaumond said...

That IS brilliant! And I was thinking the same thing about exactly who would wear a collar that big. A St. Bernard??

tina said...

nice set up. have a great time taking pictures and while your out there look out for dogs that would fit into your collar :)