Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Slow Week

I guess it's been a slow week because I haven't had much to say. I shouldn't complain about boring weeks–that means there haven't been things going wrong at home. But that leaves me with no interesting stories to talk about.

So speaking of 'slow' I guess I'll post some pictures of me running a race a few weeks ago. I completely forgot about this race in more ways than one. I not only forgot to mention that I was doing it and write about it, but I also actually forgot that I was planning to run it in the first place. With just about no training what-so-ever, (I ran exactly TWO times since Thanksgiving) I somehow managed to complete this 5K. I'm not gonna lie to you, it sucked. But I managed to bust out a couple of smiles. The biggest smiles were before I started the race . . .


And when I crossed the finish line . . .

I'm pretty sure there was no smiling going on during the rest of it. And strangely, I've started to run more regularly since this race. Last night I did another 3 miles and it was a breeze. I guess I'll try to keep this up so I'm ready for next Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

tina said...

finally you posted something, THANKS SO MUCH. I can't stand running unless i am in great danger. glad your new running technique is helping. have you seen the new style running shoes? they are shapped around each toe and have a very thin sole. i don't remember what they are called but they supposivly help a person run better. Have a great Bday weekend!