Saturday, August 9, 2008

Can Fish Get Seasick?

This is what keeps me up at night. I can't seem to just sit still and be. My mind never shuts off. I actually ponder these things.

Karlo and I planned to go out dancing this evening. I was so excited. I wore the perfect outfit (layers) for outdoor nighttime dancing and planned our entire evening out. Since we had to drive to Hartford to dance, I thought we would kill a few hours shopping and dining in Manchester. I had a long list of errands to run and was looking forward of an evening with Karlo. So far I lost him to the woods and his chainsaw every night this week.

So you can imagine how disappointed I was to get the email that announced the dance was canceled. Apparently the crazy storms last night caused the CT River to swell so much that the park was flooded. Sigh. There went my fun night. So as a consolation prize, Karlo took me to the pet store to buy some new fish. I lost my male guppy weeks ago and getting to a pet store within an hour of getting home almost never happens. So we got my fish and I was happy. This time I bought a male and a female. A cute little couple.

I held them carefully on the drive home. I peered into their tiny little eyes and waited for names to pop into my head. I decided to name the couple Fred & Ginger. They are my dancing fish and they are beautiful. I tried really hard to get some pictures of them, but the pics didn't do them justice. I immediately bonded with my new fish, as I always do, and worried for the rest of the ride that Karlo's bad driving was going to make them sea sick. Hence the big debate of whether or not fish can get sea sick. I still think they can. ANYTHING can get sea sick with Karlo's driving!

No comments: