Monday, August 4, 2008

Is It Connecticut or Is It My Dogs?

What exactly am I more allergic to, my dogs or CT? Once again I traveled away from CT and was blissfully sinus-headache-free the entire time. I'm getting so accustomed to living with nauseating jaw pains and headaches that when I have a few days without it I can't even believe how good it feels. This time was no exception. I had 4.5 straight days of feeling great in Vermont. Then, within 3 hours of arriving home I started to get my first sinus pressure headache. I know that I'm allergic to my dogs and I know the house needed vacuuming. There was no big mystery there. But please explain to me why I wake up feeling fine and then by noon I start to feel terrible at work. My dogs are not at work. Why do the headaches start at the office? Is it CT that I'm allergic to? Or maybe it's work that I'm allergic to. I'm tempted to retire, buy a poodle, and move out of CT.

3 comments:

lgaumond said...

You don't allow the pooches upstairs or anywhere near your bedroom, right? You sleep in that dog dander free area for hours every night, that's why you wake up feeling fine. It's your dogs. Might as well give them to me...

Anonymous said...

you crack me up...alergic to ct??

Jamie said...

I thought we once had a conversation that your boss' dog was at work (or perhaps a coworker?) - if your work-mates bring their pooches to work, then you'll be in the same situation as you are at home!

If not, then, as usual, I have no idea what I'm talking about ;).