Tuesday, August 26, 2008

iLove iTouch, iThink


My genius husband won himself a new iTouch. It’s even engraved on the back. Take a look:

He used his freakish talents in the multiaxis world to score this new little gadget. Who knew that his multiaxis knowledge would ever be useful in this way? When Karlo called me to tell me about his big score all I could picture was this:

I spent some time last night playing with it. I loaded some songs, pictures and contacts (MY contacts of course). I marveled at how cool this little gadget is. I dazzled Karlo by showing him the maps and how you can watch YouTube videos in a flash. I can definitely see where this thing rocks when you’re stuck at an airport (that has free wifi) and you’re bored out of your mind. But on the other hand, it wasn’t all that intuitive to load the info on it, it forces you to use iTunes, and without free wifi it’s really nothing more than an mp3 player, picture viewer, address book and calendar. My Palm LifeDrive does all those things and in addition it has games and useful apps on it. I’m betting I can buy some apps for this iTouch. I can’t imagine that Apple wouldn’t love to sell you more stuff. It will be interesting to see how much we use this shiny new toy. I think maybe Apple made these things just to get you hooked on the coolness so you have no choice but to buy the real thing . . . the iPhone.

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

The seagulls made me laugh. Too cute.

I think it's time you embraced iTunes. It's super easy to import the music on your computer into it and then after that, it's really easy to use. You'll like it. I swear.

And if you don't, I'd be happy to take it off your hands...

Jamie said...

Ahem, it's not as cool as my iPhone ;)

Also, download an app called Simplify - then you can stream music from MY iTunes library (and vice versa) to your iTouch (iThink?)... pretty sure if you're iTouch runs Apps, you can use Simplify!

Have fun!