Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gup is Still Alive – and Growing

I took Penni’s advice and found a real guppy nursery. We just happened to be in civilization (Manchester) yesterday so I took advantage of the stores. Not only did I go to Petsmart, but I also slipped into Joanns. What a treat. It’s been so long since I’ve been in a craft store that I forgot what it felt like. Too bad I had Grumpy outside, sitting on his bike, no doubt tapping his foot and staring at his watch.

I didn’t really get to enjoy my short craft shopping. I was on a mission to get some fabric to make ‘slip covers’ for our multiple dog beds. You know, these pets of mine sure are causing me a lot of work. Not sure when I’ll find the time to sew the slip covers, but at least we got the nursery all set up. And that was no easy task. Our tank is about an inch thick so Karlo had to do some crafty tricks to get it in there. But he did and now the guppy is safe and sound in fresh water. I wish I had a web cam set up on the tank so I can watch him/her grow next week . . . and monitor the care that Karlo will be providing.

Oh, and did you know that baby guppies are called ‘fry?’ I hope Karlo doesn’t get any ideas while I’m gone and use Gup for a pizza topping.

No comments: