Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Miracle Baby

I'm very pleased to report that one of my baby guppies is still alive! After accepting the fact that I blew it and let those poor little creatures get eaten alive, then suffering the heartbreak it caused . . . I took one last hopeful glance at the tank last night and to my surprise I found a tiny little guppy still swimming. I was ecstatic (as excited as one can get over a fish). I jumped up and down and begged Karlo to help me. He has notoriously been against having the fish and is never eager to do any fish-related activities. But after seeing my excitement, how could he not help me?

So we devised a plan to save the guppy. We got a plastic zip lock bag and somehow managed to maneuver it in that tiny 2 inch thick tank, to not only fill the bag with water, but catch the little bugger in the process. So now "Gup" is swimming safely around in his own little tank. I even threw in some gravel to make it feel more homey. I am praying that it survives – especially under Karlo's care while I'm away. I wonder if caring for my newborn guppy is grounds to get me out of this upcoming business trip . . .

No comments: