Sunday, August 3, 2008

Last Moments of Vacation Slipping Away


I hate this feeling. Our vacation is coming to an end and I’m not happy about it. What a blissful week of not dealing with work and Karlo’s book (which by the way is officially done). We got the proofs from the printer during vacation. Not the most ideal situation, but luckily everything went OK and didn’t cause any undue stress. We actually lounged by the pool and proofed all the pages. It was actually kind of nice that we signed off on it during vacation and feel that immense sense of relief.

Coming home from vacation on a Friday was the best. We had a week of vacation plus a long weekend. Ahhhhhhhhhh. This weekend we managed to go kayaking, biking, hiking and took a great motorcycle ride . . . to the outlet stores . . . where I got new clothes. I wish every weekend was just like this one.

Here’s some pics from today’s ride:



But reality is now setting in. It’s time to go iron my clothes and get ready for the work week. It’s a good thing that Karlo and I work together and he will drag me to the office tomorrow. I have zero motivation to go. I can’t even imagine what this would be like if I didn’t love my job. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you were at Gillette castle and you didn't come visit us in Haddam?? we were there from 11a-3pm and Ang was there with Dad until after 5pm you have to check out the progress on the house. It is almost ready for the Romano's to get to work!!