Wednesday, August 13, 2008

When Will I Learn?

There are some life lessons they just don’t sink in. No matter how many times I think I learned them, I keep making the same mistakes. For instance, when will I learn that it is NOT a good idea to play catch with Karlo . . . with a medicine ball? I have tried this stunt a few other times in the past and every time resulted in the same scenario – me in pain. Yesterday afternoon I felt as though I was in a car wreck and my back hurt so bad last night I could barely get off the couch. The next time I get the urge to let him whip a medicine ball at me I truly hope I remember the lesson once learned.

Then there’s the lesson that I should never leave food or drink unattended anywhere in the house. Karlo has an amazing extra sensory for anything edible or drinkable. (Is that a real word?) I can leave a can of seltzer on the counter and he will come up from the basement, drink it, and return to the basement without me even knowing. Then when I stroll back into the kitchen to get my drink, it’s gone. Do you have any idea how annoying this is? I have successfully trained two dogs not to swipe food off the counter and coffee table. Why can't I train my husband? Hmmmm, maybe I should buy another zapping collar.

Last night I prepared a small bowl of grapes for myself. This was going to be my special little treat during the Olympics. I washed them and set them aside for later. No big surprise what happened there. Uuuuugh, I could smack him. It is physically impossible for him to be exposed to food and not eat it. I decided to take revenge on his bowl of ice cream. I gobbled down as much as I could, risking the inevitable stomachache, for no other reason but to eat HIS food. That should teach him a lesson! ( . . . as I curled up in pain from the stomachache). Who should have learned the lesson there????? I give up.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

I do like the idea of the zapping collar for Karlo. Could you get an extra one for yourself and a remote that I can use on you for the times when you should know better?