Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend Report

Another great weekend has quickly slipped by. I'm starting to get that sinking feeling that the summer has passed all too fast and we didn't get to do enough. Next weekend I have to leave for a business trip and will be working the entire following weekend. Few things are worse than work robbing me of my precious summer weekends. I hate it.

So we tried to make the most of this weekend. We met some new biking friends that live in Eastford and accompanied them on a fantastic 40 mile route through Woodstock. It was so beautiful - the scenery, the weather, the company. It was the definition of the perfect ride. And Paula didn't bring her camera. uuuugh.

We had enough time left in the day to actually enjoy our house. We lounged on the deck, we took the dogs for a hike, I swung on my rubber horse, Karlo played with his bow and arrows. Life was great. We even took Coop out for a spin to grab dinner. And I ended the night watching the Olympic beach volleyball on TV. Pure bliss.

On Sunday we did something that I always wanted to do. At Zion National Park there is a trail called "The Narrows." It is nothing more than a shallow swift running river and the so called trail takes you straight upstream. The challenge of the slippery rocks and the swift running water makes it quite interesting. We reenacted this trail in our own backyard!

Here's me and Peanut navigating our way through the shallowest water:

Not all of us where smart enough to wear cropped pants:

Sometimes we needed to take a break and sit down:

Some of us just gave up and laid down:

Fun was had by all!

No comments: