Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy to Be Home

I rolled into town a little after 8:00 last night. Not the best way to spend nearly the last weekend of the summer, but at least my travel day was stress free. I had two uneventful flights and a long enough layover to avoid the sprinting.

As I sat on the Roncari shuttle bus, anxious to get home, my mind suddenly went from walking in my front door to greet Karlo and the dogs to . . . my car. I thought, “Holy cow, I can’t wait to drive my car home!” My heart actually fluttered as we drove into the Roncari parking lot and I craned my neck trying to catch a glimpse of my beautiful car. I peered and peered for it, but finally resolved myself to the fact that it must be too small to be seen and was hiding behind some SUV. Oh well, within minutes I’ll be sitting behind the wheel. But after I paid for the week of parking and ran out to greet my car I realized that everybody else drove off and Coop was nowhere to be found. I stood there on the curb, all alone —just me and my hot pink suitcase, wondering where Coop was. Did some young car attendant fall in love with it and steal it?

Eventually the friendly attendant felt sorry for me and went to hunt down my car. I big smile came across my face as I saw it pull up. I just couldn’t wait to jump in. The commute from the airport is now at least an hour and I loved every second of it. It’s so good to be back!



1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Aww... I'm glad you found each other.