Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Waited a Year to Take This Picture


Isn't this cute? Do you get it? OK here, maybe this helps:

I saw these beer bottles (separately) in Croatia and thought, "What a great picture that would be. I need to get some of those bottles." Only the opportunity didn't present itself to buy both of them and we came back from Croatia with just one - the "Karlo" one. How sad and lonely. But last week in Atlanta I happened to notice the "Paula" beer on the menu. I had to have it. Truth be told, the beer was terrible. It is wheat based and tasted awful. I had to throw half of it out. But that was OK. I really only wanted the bottle. I smuggled it out of the restaurant and now I'm happy. I have my Croatian Karlo beer finally joined with the German Paula beer on one of our "shelves of the world." Yes, technically the Paula beer came from Atlanta, but let's pretend I actually brought it back from Croatia or Germany, shall we?

No comments: