Monday, July 14, 2008

Blissful Long Weekend

Sorry for the lapse in blog entries. Last week was nuts at work and then I took a few days off from the computer. We took Friday off (actually, today too) and FINALLY had a chance to have some fun. I didn’t have to do any work on the book. I didn’t do any work for my business. I didn’t even clean the house – well, laundry doesn’t count.

We played all weekend. We took two great bike rides; we kayaked; we hiked with the dogs; we drove our motorcycles; we went to a party at the beach; we saw the spectacular fireworks at the New London Sailfest; we went to a barbeque with friends; we shopped and I scored big time with lots of new clothes and three new pairs of shoes. That was not a typo. I found THREE pairs of shoes that fit me – all in one day. I normally can’t find three pairs of shoes that fit in one year’s time. The planets were aligned just right for shoe shopping I guess. All in all, it was a great weekend.

Here are a few pictures of the highlights:

A break at the top of the hill on our bike ride . . .

So I could take a picture of the horses.

Goofing off on our way to the beach. Flexing next to Karlo is just depressing.

I'm so coordinated. Look at my pretty bag (that Lisa made!) next to my beach chair.

Another buddy joined the 40-club. Welcome Sheryl. It was a long week waiting for you to arrive.

Karlo and "Fitness Sue" at Stoggy Hollow. This is what biking is all about . . . stopping at the General stores for snacks.

No comments: