Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Just Another Day in the Apro Household


I forgot to mention another purchase I made this past weekend. I also bought myself a sword! Believe it or not, I've been wanting one for a couple of years and hounded Karlo to buy me one. Seeing as I know nothing about them I knew it would be hard for me to buy an appropriate one online. But because of some strange Hungarian tradition, or maybe I should say superstition, Karlo refused to buy me one. Something about not ever giving a loved one a sharp object. I once bought Karlo a Swiss Army knife for a gift and he flipped out. He insisted on giving me a few bucks to essentially "buy" the knife from me so I didn't curse him by giving him a knife.

Anyway, we happened to walk by a strange store at the Crystal Mall that sold swords. Who knew there was a sword store at the mall? So we strolled in and proceeded to ask a dozen questions about the swords. I asked if I could "test drive" them. The sales girls thought I was certifiably nuts and questioned what on earth I would be doing with the sword.

Karlo has been doing his sword exercises for years and I've always been jealous. Now it's my turn to join in. Tonight was our first session and holy cow – it's hard. I'm thinking we should market and sell this new routine. Karlo, on the other hand, is actually hoping that we can do a little sparing. Can you even imagine this? His sword weighs a good 20 pounds (at least). I would be dead in a under a minute. I'm just hoping to not slice either myself, the hounds, or the house.

No comments: