Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Weekend is Getting Closer

And I'm counting down the hours. Last night didn't end on a good note. Our tenant in Maine called with some sob story about not being able to pay next month's rent on time. Although this is not a disaster (yet) I was still stressed enough to not sleep all night. Few things are more aggravating than being completely exhausted and not being able to sleep.

Then this morning got off to a really bad start. I don't even think I have the heart to explain the horror that I witnessed, but it included a young deer mother, her adorable baby fawn, and the asphalt. Broke my heart to pieces and I won't soon forget that terrible scene.

But on a brighter note, there were no book publishing nightmares today. It was a pretty quiet day on the book front. Work was long and hard, and after not sleeping all night, I nearly fell asleep on the back of the motorcycle on the way home. I insisted that I was too tired to kayak and swore I wouldn't row, but the night was so perfect and the lake was so beautiful, I got caught up in the moment and rowed my little heart out. I was very pleased to discover that my forearms were sore from my sword exercises. Now I know why Karlo has Popeye arms!

No comments: